Rules:1. You must post these rules.2. You must say ten things about Les Mis. (Ex: your favorite parts, favorite characters, number of times you've seen it, etc.)3. You must ask ten questions.4. You must tag 5 other 'Mizzies' – tagbacks are allowed.
MY LES MIS FACTS:
1. I've never watched Les Mis live, but I'm going to in October, in Nagoya. CANNOT WAIT!!
2. I took some time to become obsessed, like 2 months. I think it's because at the first time I watched it at the movies, I didn't understand anything (due to the japanese subtitles and fast singing), thank god I bought the little booklet the cinema store sell there, I would regret it forever.
3. My first favourite character was Javert, I fell in love with Russell Crowe and his voice. After that I started to sob over Javert feelings and yeah. Now I just love everyone.
4. My favourite song is Stars, Do You Hear The People Sing and Empty Chairs At Empty Tables, the first one is because of Javert's faith and the way the describes the stars is so touching and amazing. The second one is because of the revolution subject, some time ago Brazil was having this thing with revolution and protests, and this song was perfect for it. The last one reminds me of the first time I really cried with a musical at the movies, so yeah. <3
5. I ALWAYS cry at the "To love another person is to see the face of god" moment, when Valjean dies and he just goes to the Bishop (yeah, in the movie) and oH MY GOD I'M CRYING ALREADY. ;_;'
6. This is my last year at school. So to graduate, we made a T-Shirt, and in the back we put the names of all our classmates. When we were going to choose the color of the shirt, people got mad and they've argue and shit. So they chose Orange. Orange is kind of a prisioner color, you know? It's like we're a bunch of prisioners hanging out and stuff. SO, instead of putting our real names, my friends and I just chose to put famous criminal names in the back of our shirt. SO YEAH, I WAS LIKE "I'M GOING TO PUT JEAN VALJEAN" then I realized that my name is Ana and I HAD TO PUT JEANA VALJEANA. Yeah, we did it and we have the shirt. It was awesome.
7. I watched Les Mis because of the Oscars, in the beginning of the year I was into 007 series. Then I was like "Hey, I'm going to watch ALL the Oscar nominees." and BAM, here I am now.
8. I've never got SO obssesed with something. I mean for realz. I've listened to Les Mis almost for 2000 times and going to the 8000th with another singing obsession that Les Mis originated. I never listened to something that much in my entire life, that is LOVE. It must be love.
9. I had to do a history for children because of an english work and I just told the story of Enjolras and Grantaire. I named it "The Chief and the Cynic".
10. The only scene I can remember when I watched at the movies is Javert singing his part from "The Robbery", I don't know why, I suppose it was when I fell in love with him.
1. Have you ever cosplayed Les Miserables?
No, BUT I intend to! I totally do. I mean, not the real cosplay with all those details and awesome stuff, but more like some clothes with the same pattern or same colors that match exactly the character's, you know? Well at least I'll have the cockade. I hope so.
2. What's your favourite scene in the book?
Wow, geez. I haven't read it all yet - shame on me! - but I remember some things that Bishop Myriel said really got into me, I do like those part in the book, I don't remember it quite well, but it's when he explains what is wrong with the world.
Also, there is that part when everybody's at the Cafe Musain and the book explains what each of the boys are doing, and I love the scene where Grantaire is saying loads of random things through the room whilst Combeferre and Courfeyrac is discussing politics in a corner while Joly and Bahorel are playing domino. It was so fun to imagine this.
Any part with Valjean trying to stay anywhere he could eat and sleep until he met the Bishop is also perfect... aaaaaand there are so many parts for me to read and to love, but those were the ones that really caught my attention. So far, so good.
3. Eponine or Cosette? Why?
Eponine! Aaaaaw, you know, all that thing about she going to the barricades and saving Marius and dying in his arms, that damn song "Little Fall of Rain" and Samantha Barks make me love her more than Cosette. I do like Cosette, but you knooow.
4. What do you think about Marius' character?
I like Marius, I really do. I love his songs so much that the first time I watched the movie, the song that got me holding tears was "Empty Chairs". It's not his fault that he got in love with Cosette and blabla, he's so confused and I think we got some things in common, haha.
5. How many times have you seen Les Miserables?
Oh, counting all the adaptations, I think it's 10 times I got 'les miserabled'.
I think I'm never going to forget this damn musical, I mean, common things I do get connected with the lyrics of some songs from nowhere, they just pop into my head and I get all "oH OH! LES MIS!". My friends are getting tired of all my Les Mis thoughts, 'cause it's like... all freaking day long.
6. How do you react when you see something connected to Les Miserables in any way (like for example French stuff)?
I have to tell my friends immediately, hahaha, poor them. Seriously, I suppose it's with me now. When people say the day is ending, there's a little iPod inside my head that bursts playing "At The End Of The Day", or when my teacher is talking about the French Revolution and all I can see is the barricade boys being all revolutionary and... shot.
I was into French before Les Mis, but my love for France got stronger after it. My last name is França, which is France in portuguese, perhaps I have to honor my last name, right?
7. When did your obsession started? How old were you?
I took some time to get obsessed with it. I watched the movie at the cinema in January, 2013, thought it was nice and stuff but didn't got all the history 'cause I got late at the movies, and it was already at Valjean's Soliloquy. After that, there was a store that sells some booklets from the movie and I almost didn't buy the Les Mis one 'cause I didn't think that it was THAT good. (2 months later I would be just completely crazy about it)
After some time I watched it again at home and realized that this was the perfect musical I was looking for, and it has been quite some time that I watched a musical, which I think the last one was the Sweeney Todd movie.
8. Your favourite Barricade Boy?
WOW, OK PLEASE, THAT'S HARD.
Well, I guess my favourites are Grantaire, Jehan, Courfeyrac, Combeferre, Enjolras and Bahorel. I would explain why I like each of them, but seriously, it would be quite a text. Their descriptions and personalities are what really fascinates me.
9. What are your Les Mis ships?
Oh well, you know:
e/R, Marius/Eponine, Valvert, Valjean/Fantine, Courfeyrac/Jehan, e/c... hmmmmmm, I suppose I'll be sure of my ships when I finish the book, so...
10. In how many languages do you know any song from Les Miserables? Like, really ANY song.
Awwww, only english. I'm getting to listen to the japanese one since I am going to watch it live in Nagoya (cannot wait for that!), and the french and original one 'cause c'mon, it's the original! That finale in the 10th anniversary with all those Valjeans was incredibly awesome, maybe I'm going to search for more.
Also I've seen the brazllian one. IT IS MARVELOUS. It feels like a Disney movie, HAHAHAH.
1. Which version of Les Mis is your favourite?
2. Do you have any Dream Cast?
3. What are your thoughts on Javert's character?
4. Any favourite songs? Why them?
5. Which character do you hate/dislike the most?
6. What was your first thought about Les Mis, at the very first time you saw it?
7. What's your favourite moment?
8. What is the weirdest thing you've ever done related to Les Mis?
9. In which moment you cry the most?
10. Who's your favourite character? Why?
I REALLY TOOK A LONG TIME TO ANSWER THIS, JESUS. You guys don't need to do anything if you wouldn't like to. PLEASE HAHAHAH